Wednesday, November 28, 2012

thanksgiving day

Today was a pretty relaxing day with so much prepared ahead of time yesterday. It was nice. I wanted pie right off, but knew I would be in big trouble with Ashlee if I cut into one. Will power... so I headed to the stuffing. A warm and perfect day. Larry had to work until 3pm. I missed him and watching him play football. Tyler helped Larry put the Christmas lights up on the house. Listening to Christmas music. Conrad and Phoebe were little indians and had fun feeding the chickens and ducks across the street. Larry's Mom and Dad came over for dinner and we had a wonderful time. I talked with Becky and Kris in Tennessee. It is days like this when we take time to count our blessings and I see mine more clearly as I am getting older. I have my share of heartaches and things I wished were different, I think everyone does. But that isn't my focus anymore (usually). I am learning that I can either focus on heartache and break or I can let that heartache change me in ways that I never thought possible. I am doing my best to appreciate my blessings and thank the Lord everyday for my family and friends and life lessons learned. Happy Thanksgiving!
-Brenda








1 comment:

Becky said...

I love, love, love the pictures! That Phoebs is the cutest little thing! and Lucy and Jack..Conrad is becoming a big guy now. I love the picture of your whole family together with Betty and Joe and I know it made your day extra special having them over. Those pies look delish Ashlee. Brenda, we have so much to be thankful for...just take a look at your family♥ Love you across the miles.