Monday, April 12, 2010

My #50 Bday Present

I am going to be 50 years old tomorrow. Hope of my sister Becky coming from Tennessee to surprise me quickly faded when she called me and told me she was home eating a sandwich for lunch. How can this be? Shouldn't she be on a plane? I thought. Paul went up to Salt Lake to help his Mom and got home about 9:30pm. He walked in all by himself. Hmmm... How could I get it so wrong in my head? Larry and the girls have said nothing to make me believe she was coming, it was just a hope in my heart. A few minutes later, I got a phone call from Becky, just checking in and seeing how I was doing. What is the one thing I want most on my Bday? She asked. You, I said. Well then, she said softly, come to the front door and there she was. I will always remember how I felt tonight. It was perfect and I am so thankful she is here. I love my family so very very much.
Love, Brenda


1 comment:

Julie Wilding said...

This is so great!! I am so glad she came to visit you!!