Thursday, April 2, 2009

Tennessee Thursday

Today we went to visit Kris & Steve and see the changes they are making to their new place. Pretty cool as they add their own personal touches to everything.

We came home in time to go to Music Junction in town. It's pretty casual and low key. The local people gather and take turns singing old time country & gospel music. Some just show up to play back up in the band. It would have to be one of my favorite things to do in Tennessee on a Thursday night. It makes me think of my Dad... he would love it. We clap, sway and sing along watching the country folk be with one another. It feels like taking a huge comfortable step back in time. I feel so at home. Becky took mine and Ashlee's picture and I didn't like the way I looked in it. I said 'that isn't me' to which Ashlee said rather crisply, 'It is today'. Oh! And at the end, I won a raffle and made a new friend named Frankie. It was a wonderful way to spend an evening.

Tomorrow is our last day. We are eating one of their butchered chickens to celebrate and spend the day at home. It's always a melancholy day... one of longing for home and missing Becky & family here before I even leave. It's hard. It always takes a few days to settle in back home.
-Brenda
Our visit to Kris & Steve's


Music Junction

2 comments:

susan said...

Brenda, I was doing my usual surfing thing and ran across the following on twitter
http://thecurio.us/blog/?p=14
I think this is so cool and marketable, and
I thought you/ pebbles might be interested in seeing this idea
Looks like you're having a great time in TN. and it looks much warmer than heare Tell Becky hello for me
take care,
susan

Unknown said...

great pictures! Bring back the recipe for that steak and noodle casserole!