Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Oatmeal Cookies

Everyone has long gone to bed and I am up baking cookies for Robert Packham and talking to Fox and CNN news on the tv. He left for the MTC this past week and I promised him a batch of his favorite oatmeal raisin cookies. Through the years we have loved this boy, as his sunday school teachers and friend. Sure... he did flip our breaker off 4 times in one night and he did leave church one Sunday to play guitar hero with all the boys in the ward but all in good fun! He will be missed.
We went to the temple tonight with Ash & Paul and came home to a family room filled with Abby's friends. I was puzzled why their parents didn't mind they were up so late... and then I remembered, there is no school tomorrow. Yippee! Kelsie is working on a special project and is counting down the days for Josh to come on December 19th... whether she looks at it as 24 days or only 3 Sundays, she is smiling. It just can't come soon enough :)
Larry and Ash went grocery shopping and the Thanksgiving cooking has now begun. Don't you just love the smells of Thanksgiving? We invited Ransom's family from Arizona to come. Imagine a house filled with two sets of Grandparents, a bunch of Aunts & Uncles and one Conrad for us all to share. Though I miss my side of the family, I know I have much to be thankful for.
-Brenda

6 comments:

Becky said...

We have a half day of school today and then we are out. I love Thanksgiving and having family and friends around the table. We are having Kris and Steve over and good friends Frank and Susan, all of us around one table! Yes, God has blessed us abundantly. PS I could almost smell your cookies baking...

Andersons "Stand Sure" said...

Way to ruin my diet determination with the picture of yummy cookies, complete with authentic smell! Robert will love them.
Laura Lee~

Mackey Family said...

The cookies look really good Bren! Though I prefer chocolate chips over raisins. He'll be happy to get those. Hope the Birrell family has a Happy Thanksgiving!

-Josh

Betsy said...

Thank you for making him cookies- that is sweet of you! We miss him too!!

bulkleybunch said...

mmmmm cookies!!! the best food ever invented! happy thanksgiving! we're sure thankful for your family. love you.

Bark said...

I hope you decide to make me some of those cookies when I leave!