Monday, April 14, 2014

Good Morning Sunshine

There is only so much repetitive back and forthiness I can stand. To Pebbles. Home. To Pebbles. Home. Day after day. After awhile, I feel like I start to lose myself and a connection to life and then I have to break the routine and just get out. Conrad spent the night so we could wake up at 6am and start our hike to watch the sun come up. We went through the McDonald's drive through and I got him breakfast. We ate in darkness, then headed up. Conrad liked to make his own trail, always telling me to follow him. Every once in a while he would roll down a hill because he liked it. We picked out our favorite rocks. Mine were covered in lichen, his were shaped like knives and guns. He is a boy. We talked for a long time about this beautiful world God made and then he started to tell me about Satan and his plan for us, but Jesus had a better plan and he was glad we followed Jesus. When we got to the top, he asked if he can play the Wii when we get back... then we talked about all of the stuff in our lives... the toys, the Wii, the movies and how we can't take any of it with us when we go to heaven. I asked him what we do take and he thoughtfully said what is in our hearts and what is in our heads. I thank God for Conrad and his wisdom. He already feels the spirit and loves the Lord. He is a very happy, thoughtful young boy...  I sure like our times we spend together.




No comments: