Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Dark Chocolate

Ever since the dark chocolate endorsement of Dr. Oz, I can't seem to get it off my mind. He said that dark chocolate is good for you and provides some of the same benefits as avocados and olives (which I don't like). The last episode I watched was about sugar and the health problems associated with eating a lot of it... and there were many. He also talked about how good nuts are... in a limited amount of course.

My idea? Drop the sugar significantly, but invest in dark chocolate almonds. Yoders, the mennonite store in Tennessee, by Becky came to mind. They have the best dark chocolate almonds, at a great price. So in my head I am thinking 24 almonds a day x 5 months because it's hard to ship chocolate in the hot months. I quickly texted Becky my idea, along with the follow up text that I hope she doesn't presume me to be excessive. She knows me best. I am excessive and we both know it.

But I have the best sister in the world and she is going to pick some up for me when she goes next time. My problem is figuring out where to store them... not anywhere handy because 12 almonds can quickly turn into 24, 36 + and I can see my sister smiling and shaking her head. Love you Becky!

No comments: