Sunday, January 5, 2014

christmas 2013

Christmas came and left so quickly this year. But, I do believe we watched every Hallmark Christmas movie and spent good time together. We ended up opening our presents on Christmas Eve... the only chunk of time we had altogether. I don't have to look too far to realize my blessings and this Christmas Eve I experienced a miracle that brought me such joy. I thank God each and every day for my family and friends and my faith. I have also prayed more than ever before to keep my heart softened during difficult times. It works, but only with the Lord's help.  For Christmas Eve dinner, Larry's Mom and Dad came over and we made Beef Tenderloin and Rosemary Scallop Potatoes. Fresh rolls with my sister Becky's Muscadine Grape Jelly. Heaven! It felt like she was right with us. Christmas morning, Abby and I watched a Hallmark movie, visited Katie and Ransom for Monkey Bread and I came home and ate nearly all of my See's Candy. Yes. Really. We met up with nearly everyone over at Larry's Mom and Dad's. I realize I have not been hungry since Halloween... 














1 comment:

Becky said...

All I can say is grandkids really make Christmas special! I love all their expressions and excitement. Have I mentioned lately how blessed you are? Even though I'm writing this comment weeks after Christmas, you're always in my thoughts and heart. I send everyone our love♥