Wednesday, March 13, 2013

baked kale chips

In my efforts to eat more vegetables, I am trying to branch out and try new things. This is a new favorite, though I am still surprised that I quite like them. I toss pieces of kale in a bowl with a small amount of olive oil and lightly season it with sea salt... nothing else. Then I place them in a shallow layer on a baking sheet in a 200 degree oven for a couple of hours, give or take. I turn them half way through. Any higher and it is easy to burn them. They are ready to eat, once they are completely dry and I keep them near me in a baggie for snacking. Try it. I think you may be pleasantly surprised too :)


before


and after...

1 comment:

Becky said...

I smiled at this...kale chips no less, but they do look healthy. I can picture your girls looking at you, nodding their heads, thinking what's next! I'm so proud of your recent weight loss:) Keep on girl!