Friday, July 27, 2012

farmers market and opening night of olympics

What a day. I feel like I hit the ground running and picked up speed as the day went along going from one fire to another. Overseeing the three new collection for Pebbles Inc. with a deadline of Sept 15 can be stressful, but in a good way because I love creating. Then the news came... our Pebbles in my Pocket website back end crashed and we lost the last 8 months of images and information. Unrecoverable at this time with our current host so we quickly found a new home and will begin to build our new website this weekend. Everyone is willing to help so hopefully it will get done quickly and be better than ever. 

I had signed up earlier for the Riverwoods Farmers Market on Friday evenings and of course it started tonight. We scrambled and got our display set up quickly. I snapped at Larry. I was at my breaking point. It's been a hard day. Katie and I spent time together at the booth and passed out coupons for Pebbles. Many people still think of us as a scrapbook store and don't know that we have been adding wonderful party supplies. This may be a good way to get the word out. It was very hot for the first couple of hours until the sun went down a bit. Everyone else at home planned an Olympics Party to celebrate the opening night with foods they made from different companies. I did get to come back in time to watch the athletes walk into the stadium and for just a moment the world felt at peace. I do think most people from all countries throughout the world want to live peaceful lives and get along. We are looking forward to watching some of them when we are able...
-Brenda





1 comment:

Becky said...

Love your display. I guess your Farmer's Markets are different from ours. Good Pebbles PR. I've been keeping you in my thoughts and prayers as you rebuild your web site♥