Saturday, August 13, 2011

Sleepout

Friday night sleepover with my two grandsons. The boys helped build a fire and added 'brown stuff' to it all evening from anything they could find in the backyard. We roasted hot dogs and marshmallows, then made our hut of blankets and arranged our sleeping bags... mine had two foam pads. I ran in to get my jammies on and came out and the boys had already arranged themselves... Conrad so happy on the two foam pads saying, "I like it here". We traded places after he fell asleep. We read Five Chinese Brothers... with a Chinese accent by flashlight, sang songs and talked. What is your favorite thing to eat? Carter said he didn't have favorites, but Conrad just started naming them off... 'I like chocolate milk, brown cereal, blue cereal, gam crackers, strawberries...' We fell asleep smelling like smoke :) Did I say I loved being a Grandma?
-Brenda

4 comments:

Bigelows said...

Thanks mom. I know Conrad had LOTS of fun but he was sure tired the next day!

Chocolates for Breakfast said...

that is one of my favorite books from when i was a kid!

Becky said...

You are an awesome grandma to sleep outside with the boys. The hut looks nice and warm for the cool canyon winds in the morning. I am posting my comments from my new iPad. You're going to love it!

tyler + linds said...

carter sure loves his grandma brenda...thanks for taking good care of him (and me). i love you tons!