Sunday, June 12, 2011

Bountiful Baskets & Strawberry Jam

Every weekend we get a box from Bountiful Baskets, a co-op that supports small farms. Cool fruits and vegetables that are different each week... sometimes we don't even know what some of them are, but it is a good way to try out new things. It reminds of a farmers market in a box. Then they have add on sales and this week we ordered 5 loaves of whole wheat bread and cases of strawberries, which we promptly made into strawberry freezer jam. My favorite days are nesting at home and my mind is busy trying to figure out ways to get more of them...
-Brenda


1 comment:

Becky said...

What a neat thing to be apart of.I would much rather support our local farmers than a big chain store...you know who. I have already put our strawberry jam up for the year too, making 4 batches. There's no better jam and yours looks delish. I sure miss you all so much!! Aren't we alike!