Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving Dinner

We woke up to a perfect blue sky, freezing cold day. The snow on the ground is crunchy and the coldness outside fills like pin pricks. Hands down... Thanksgiving week is my most favorite time of the year, as my thoughts turn to my blessings, many I have ungratefully overlooked throughout the year. This is a good reflection time. Looking back on this year and the years before, many of the hard times have become blessings when healed with time, or at least that is what I tell myself, hoping that I will believe it more fully one day. It's true what they say about when we focus on our self... our world gets very small, our problems large. The Lord knew what he was doing when he placed us all here together so we could take turns serving one another and be able to more completely feel His love for us. Today I am grateful for being able to serve and love others throughout my life and I am grateful for those that have served and continue to love me. I am thankful for the gospel in my life, for my Heavenly Father and His Son Jesus Christ and for the Atonement that makes getting back to Him possible one day. I am thankful for my family & friends. I am thankful for those I work with. With my sister Becky's encouragement, it is time to create a new mindset of thankfulness beginning today.

Ashlee created the table decorations and we each wrote what we are thankful for on our leaves for the centerpiece... our testimonies and family were at the very top of our lists. A yummy dinner, topped off with six pies sent us all over the top. Easily a 5lb weight gain kind of day. We all missed the rest of Becky's family- Scott, Charles, Randy & Ethan and are thinking about them. Thank you for sharing Becky with us!
-Brenda


No comments: