Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Sunday

Easter and General Conference all rolled into one special weekend. It has been a good and much needed lift from everyday life. This is the most special of all times of the year... a time of renewal and fresh hope for all of us. I have needed it. Today we woke up to 3" of spring snow which melted by the afternoon. I would be lying if I said that the first thought in my head when I woke up wasn't the half pound of dark chocolate See's candy in my basket. I jumped out of bed. Early. We made crepes and homemade omelets using some of our Honey Baked Ham for dinner, colored eggs and then settled in to listen to General Conference which our church does every 6 months, worldwide. This conference focused on faith, the need to strengthen our family, being selective with media, service and knowing we are God's hands, hope, being quick to forgive and not take offense, repenting and the atonement. Larry's family came over afterwards for Easter dinner and an egghunt at our place.
Love, Brenda

1 comment:

Becky said...

Happy Easter. Hard to believe you woke up with snow! Bet the egg hunt didn't last long outside...Sounds like you had a family day together. Love you guys and loved all the pictures. Miss you XXO