Sunday, February 14, 2010

Couponing and a Funeral

This morning we went to the funeral of Garth Smith's Mom, Gwen. I don't think I have ever left a funeral without learning a life lesson. Today's funeral was extra special, you could feel the spirit of the life of this full of life, good woman in the room and the love everyone had for her. I can see Garth got his goodness and personality from both his parents. I have been thinking about her all day with the thought that our lives matter... maybe not in the seemingly large, grandiose ways, but more importantly, in the small day to day acts of service we do for the people in our lives. That's the kind of life I want to live.

Today is Valentine's Eve. I got to spend it with the man I love and our new thrill in life... couponing! Larry & I went couponing with our binder in hand. We quickly went from store to store and loaded up on this weeks good deals. Some deals so good I gasp! Honestly, to be able to save 75%+ on your food bill is remarkable. But the real cool thing is being able to build up a substantial food storage quickly for less money then we would regularly spend for our day to day groceries. It takes a while to fully grasp the system, we are still newbies. Try Savvyshopperdeals.com. It's free! The secret to great savings is pairing up store coupons and great deals with manufacturer coupons that are found in the newspaper and on the internet. We are planning on trying to get the shopping done well before the weekend, it just doesn't seem right to spend a good Saturday in a store when we could be outside :)
-Brenda

2 comments:

Becky said...

I'm sure the family drew comfort at the funeral with all the love and support of friends...Happy Valentines day from Tennessee to Utah. Have fun with your new passion of couponing. Love you♥ PS. Did you figure out how to make the heart yet?

Unknown said...

Thanks for your support by coming to my grandma's funeral. I'm going to check out savy shoppers!