Friday, January 1, 2010

New Years Day 2010

2010 used to feel so far away. It started today. Crazy how quickly the years go by. My first recollection of time was in 1968. I was in third grade, just after the new year started and I was playing four square on the playground... for some odd reason, I can remember that but not other important things that I should remember.

Today we woke up and played outside in our Utah mountains sledding along the snow covered roads. We were given a breathtakingly beautiful day. Abby's love of sledding surprises me. I lost track of the number of times she was dumped out of her sled and would jump back in. It was nice having her friend Miranda with us. We lost the use of two of the four snowmobiles, but it was still nice. Sledding is crazy fun, but later in the day, the soreness sets in.

In the winter we have to pack our stuff in and out of the cabin since there is so much snow... it was funny to see our laundry basket of food take a tumble between Lindsey and Kelsie on the way down and everyone scrambled to get it picked up.
-Brenda


1 comment:

Becky said...

Happy New Year to you all. Looks like it's going to be another snowy year for Utah. Loved the pictures! Hope you are cozy warm inside now with some hot cocoa and Larry is feeling better. Love to you.