Wednesday, October 7, 2009

What happens in Vegas...

What happens in Vegas... stays in Vegas? I hate that saying. It creeps me out and I have heard it all day long on the hotel speakers. This city is built up by man's weakness of sex, drugs and gambling, though I know there are plenty of good people that live here. I am in Las Vegas attending the Creative Retailer Show for Pebbles in my Pocket. I ended up driving to Cedar City and met up with my friend Kevin Nelson who drove the rest of the way (to the relief of Larry). Knowing I get sleepy after an hour of driving, I planned for a nap in Fillmore on the way down. Lame I know. It has ended up being a smaller show, but I'm making good connections and learning about the digital market. Plus, I have only had conference show food today and have spent $0.

A lot of the people in our business I've met up with are off to the Vegas shows and will stay up late drinking, but I feel like the lucky one back in my hotel room... glass shower doors make singing nice, extra large warm bath towels, jammies and plenty of peace and quiet. A treat.
-Brenda

Brenda & Cindy Brooke

2 comments:

susan said...

LOL "oversized towels"...you make me laugh. And I couldn't agree more. I can't stand vegas either.
=D

Becky said...

I sure love you. Enjoy your quiet time even though I know you are missing your family. I'd be in my hotel room also...scared to death of the city at night! Thinking of you all the time:)