Friday, June 19, 2009

So I told them to suck in...

Tonight we rode our bikes twice around the circuit and then to Baskin Robbins for a much anticipated ice cream cone... I was in Jamoca Almond Fudge heaven with every lick. Of course I had my camera and thought I would take a picture... I said 123 and made the suck in noise. You would have thought I called them both chubby wubbys when I only meant the way they were sitting was not the most flattering, giving them a heads up before the photo was taken vs. when they see it on the blog. Kind of a damned if you do, damned if you don't spot to be in. Apparently, I am harsh at times and their self esteem suffers when they are in my presence, though we continually laughed throughout the night. Ashlee has amazing storytelling abilities. We came home and watched the Italian Job. Lindsey wants to be as gifted as they were in the movie... I told her that they weren't that gifted... they were only acting.
-Brenda

4 comments:

Becky said...

You deserved that ice cream Brenda! What a good mom you are...always wanting the best for your children:)

susan said...

speaking of sucking, I just introduced the straw to G-baby. She picked up the art real quick and now it is a new game.. however, most of the milk just spurts right back out. Yupp, I agree with your mantra..."just suck it in" It's a great lesson for life!

bulkleybunch said...

brenda, harsh?! never!! you are hilarious and at least you keep it real!! i love you!!!!

Chocolates for Breakfast said...

what a cute family you have! that is the only way to end up a bike ride or any form of exercise..a treat! that sounds so good right now...the ice cream, not the exercise! i totally hear you on the damned if you do ...or don't thing...so true...mom's can't win!?
love ya!