When I think that Ash & I will soon be going to see Becky and the boys in Tennessee, my heart jumps with joy as we count down the days. Life as we know it comes to a stand still and it's Becky time. My sister, my best friend, my lifeline to family.
Our lives through our married days have taken us on different paths... Becky lives in Tennessee on 90 acres and I live in Orem, Utah. She is the only girl in a houseful of boys, I raised a houseful of girls. Her boys are my boys and my girls are her girls. Her faith is Baptist, mine is LDS. Our husbands are both understanding when we are together and know how important our time is with one another. We talk about everything and can laugh about nothing. She loves me unconditionally just as I am. My sister Becky is a joy to love...
• I like to think she is a non-dresser like me, though the girls are quick to tell me she is a step up, it's just Tennessee style.
• I love when she talks about her high forehead and then measures it with her index finger, while discussing her forehead wrinkles and German bones.
• I love to watch her curl her hair with the curling iron and spritz it with hairspray for a greater hold, while telling us she can't have this volume in Tennessee because of the humidity.
• You can't beat a competitive game of Rummikub with Becky. She takes ENORMOUS delight in a win.
• She can out walk me with her long horse legs and leave me sweating and gasping in her dust.
• Yes! She is opinionated... but you always know where she stands.
• When we were young... she was the chubby one and I was the skinny one, something must have happened on the way to the cupboard. Who would have thought???
• Becky's cooking is world famous in her parts of Tennessee. No one cooks better or more often to feed her hungry boys and their friends.
• She loves to spread Mentholatum all over her nose and mouth at bedtime... lucky Scott :)
• Becky's gregarious laugh and personality is contagious to everyone she is around.
• She has a servants heart and is quick to serve everyone around her.
• She loves the Lord.
• She will pass on dessert for a cold meatball or bit of casserole ANYTIME!
• The simple things in life make her happy!
There isn't a day that goes by that I don't miss her and wish her here with me. She may live far away, but she is always in my thoughts and prayers, and in my heart always.