Friday, January 30, 2009

Snuggie Cold at Our Place

The past couple of days are dang cold at our place. The water heater broke and leaked into Kelsie's room and closet (again). Ugh! The carpet and pads are up, fan is blowing and windows are opened and you know what? It stinks. How does it stink up so dang fast? It's so cold that we are having thoughts of the snuggie infomercial... scary huh? God always gives us a positive with every negative (JB) ... it's up to each of us to find it. In this case snuggling is ever more fun!

The last time the water heater broke, my sister Becky was here from TN. We were the only ones home. It was Katie's graduation trip with friends and Larry & the girls drove them down to California, I flew down later. Both water heaters drained into the basement. We went through every blanket & towel in the entire house AND cut up the carpet & padding into manageable size pieces so we could take them outside. It was a soggy mess! I don't know what I would've done without her...
-Brenda

2 comments:

Becky said...

I bet you're the only one that has bought one of those:):) Don't you love "cut and paste!" Sorry about your water heater. I like your idea of doing something cool with the cement floor or maybe tile and putting down rugs...ready for next time.

Birrell Family said...

While I have never bought one, I am the first to admit I am drawn to their commercial and watch in fashion horror (Yes... even I can pick out a fashion blunder). Anybody brave out there want to admit they have purchased a snuggie? They are practical though...