Thursday, October 30, 2008

Early Voting

Aletta, Josh, Lindsay and I skipped out of Pebbles for a bit and voted early today at UVU... our last chance to get it done so we can avoid the long lines on Tuesday. No parking ... so we parked in a red zone, next to a police car and crossed our fingers we wouldn't get a ticket (we didn't). I don't think anyone can predict this one. I don't know about you, but I think it's been a painful election... I am becoming more cynical and less trusting of those who pledge to represent us and of the media especially. There is so much fighting on both sides, that we don't seem to be able to move forward as a country and it is imperative that we do (Reader's Digest word of the day). It's hellishly frustrating and I could go on but I'll save you from my self-babbling talk. Trust me... you will be glad. I think I am turning into a potty mouth.

In a nutshell: I don't like either choice especially well. Obama is an inspiring speaker, but lacks substance, has a disturbing past and wants to build the economy from the ground up... not good for business or economy. Why would anyone want to work if everything is given to them by the government? McCain however fails to inspire, and on a more shallow level his wife does look like an older barbie doll in a weird way and I am tired of being called his friend. He also should not wave his arms in the air either. It looks awkward. I do think he has a courageous past that I greatly admire. Maybe I, with common sense should run but I would be the first to admit I wouldn't pass the background check and at times I do not have the likability factor in my favor. For reals :)

Our kids will be so glad to have this behind them so we can find balance once again as a family. Bottom line? Go vote for whoever you want. If you are old enough to vote and you don't, then you have no right to complain. Period. What fun would that be?

Nana left to go home this morning to Tennessee. We are so glad you came! I just patted my hair down as best I could and went to work. First day back is always slightly overwhelming.
-Brenda
Josh, Brenda, Lindsey & Aletta 'Nobama'

1 comment:

LinnieBell said...

nObama! nObama! nObama! :)