Thursday, September 11, 2008

9/11

Woke up to 9/11 this morning. I think about how life has changed for all of us since then, most especially the families who lost loved ones. Not just the fear of what can happen tomorrow or the worry about the kind of lives our kids and grandkids will have but the little things too. I miss getting off an airplane and having Larry at the gate ready with a hug... that was always the best part of traveling.

It's easy to focus on all the negative things in life, but when we do, that's all we see. I like to focus on the good. I can help contribute to the good. When we focus on the good, the negative falls away. Of course it's still there, but we don't give it power to shape our lives. Of course somedays I'm better at this than others.

Today Kelsie & Abby both wore dresses to school with 9/11 in mind. They have done it every year for the last seven years. It is a special day to always remember.
-Brenda

No comments: