Thursday, January 22, 2015

Christmas

Merry Christmas! 
We woke up to snow lightly drifting down out of the sky and it was magical. I think longing for it all season long and finally getting a blanket of white Christmas morning was extra extra special. 

Christmas traditions have changed through the years. Sometimes it feels like I hang onto them like a warm blanket, not wanting to let go of the  familiar and comfortable. But once I do, I realize that life is good even through the changes, sometimes better. I need to do better at letting go and allow life to unfold, trusting the Lord that the paths I travel down will strengthen me and bring me closer to Him. Larry and I have found such joy with our daughters, at every stage of their lives. I miss having them at home, but it is also comforting to watch them grow with their sweethearts and children in their own families, knowing we are all connected in love. I know we are blessed. 

Christmas morning was quiet. Abby worked the first part of the day. Ashlee and Paul went up to his Mom's to talk with his brother Matt who is on an LDS mission to Ireland. Ashlee brought us breakfast in bed and we snuggled lazily all morning long. My heart missed Becky, Scott and the boys. Then we went to visit with Larry's family and have dinner together before coming home and getting back in our pjs, making fondue and opening presents with our kids. It's a good tradition for us and something we look forward to on Christmas night. So much love in one room... makes my heart burst.




Phoebe and Biscuit












This year was the gift of two aprons







Becky made us a Teepee!!!!







Home is where your heart is


We are Family Memory Game I made

1 comment:

Becky said...

I don't know what I got tickled over more...our photo bomb of Ransom or my girls with matching aprons, knowing I have one just like it in Tennessee...made with love! You are so blessed my dear sister and yes, we need to embrace each phase of our lives, drawing closer to our Lord. I love the "family" game you made and can't wait to play it with you this summer. Love you tons and my heart is also next to yours. Great pictures!