Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Halloween 2014

Thankfully our Halloween weather was perfect! Larry made his chili and the girls made cornbread, homemade rootbeer and caramel apple slices and we settled in for a night of answering the doorbell. We actually had very few trick or treaters this year. Afterwards, Taylor and Josh dropped by and we played a fun game of Pictionary.  I remember the thrill of trick or treating for as long as possible and then coming back and sorting my candy. Yes Smarties and Dum Dums were in the last pile, but even they started looking good when they were the last ones left. I don't see that urgency from the kids of today. Could it be candy is no longer special?

My memories of this Halloween would have to be Lindsey and Lucy when we took pictures. Lucy did not cooperate and sometimes a snapshot of real life brings an even better smile when you look back on them.


















1 comment:

Becky said...

Loved the pictures and their costumes. It's not often I see Lucy pouting and we've got lots of trees to cut down in TN for our little lumber Jack! Princess Phoebe is beautiful in blue :) Give them all hugs and kisses! I'm surprised you didn't have a lot of trick or treaters. I agree with you, when we were young candy was special.