Thursday, May 6, 2010

Let's Make a Deal

Abby actually told me today that she is glad she is still taking piano lessons, depending on the day of course. She is playing hymns and it is my thinking that if I sing along with her from time to time, we will figure out if I am an alto or a soprano. I am capable of both in the same breath... not good,but I sing anyways :)

A couple of months ago, she made a deal with me... 30 minutes of practice a day & a very positive piano attitude and can we pay her $3 a week? When I answered yes so quickly, she immediately raised it to $5. I filled her in on the true way to make a deal and how she needed to start high next month.

A quick learner, Abby came to me the following month and asked for $10 a week for 30 minutes of practice a day & a very positive piano attitude. We settled on $8.75 a week. I have yet to pay out any $$$, though she does have a positive attitude... I know our deal making daughter will be back...
Love, Brenda

3 comments:

Becky said...

Sounds like you're not following through with your end of the bargain Miss Brenda. Tell Abby she's got some money coming for that positive attitide of hers. Love all. Keep practicing Abby!

Kat said...

Don't let Miranda know about this skill. And Abby? I love ya!

Beth said...

ha, ha ha!!! I love this post! I still can't believe Abby is as old as she is, she will always be that cute little girl I babysat for a summer... fond memories :)