Monday, January 25, 2010

Lost in Time

I am lost in time at CHA. I think it is more so this year because I am generally by myself wandering up and down rows looking at scrapbook supplies and trying to figure out what would thrill our customers. I am mostly in my own thoughts until I see a bizarrely dressed crafter. Sadly true, crafting / business owners tend to not be the best dressers. Myself included. This is of course a generality and is not meant to offend.

I finished looking at all the booths today. When I got to the end of the last big room, I could not figure out how to get back to the rest of the rooms. I tried to find the connecting hallways. I walked up and down the long wall several times thinking I was going crazy until I realized I was at the end and needed to turn around and go the other way. Again, I am lost in my own world. Duh! Our Pebbles Inc. product for American Crafts seems to be selling well... crowds are well down though.

I did get my first english speaking taxi driver tonight on Day 3. Is that too much to ask for? We live in America... we need a common language to pull us together. I am wearing the new clothes that my girls helped pick out before I came. I surprisingly like them and yes, even wonder why I haven't done this before. I think they did a pretty good job, except for maybe the floral sweater that made me look like a sofa. Florals belong in a vase. But I will keep it. Someone even complimented me on my pants and all I could l think of was, that would make my girls smile :)
-Brenda


1. Peter / Sakura 2. Crate Paper 3. Doodlebug
4. Delaney / EK Success 5. Heather Downs 6. Stacy Julian
7. Craig & Annie / Crea 8. Matt Sherry 9. Lindsay Bowerman

4 comments:

Bigelows said...

I think I like your coral sweater the best, but the floral one is good too. Can't wait to see your pants. Kelsie told me your bum has never looked better! Miss you! Katie

MSmith said...

Hate to hear that you're wandering around alone...next time I'll come with you and carry your pencils for you...if we can eat hot fudge walnut brownies at some point. Your outfits are cool.

Kelsie said...

Momma, You look drop dead gorgeous! I love you and can't wait for you to get home! Kelsie

Becky said...

I agree with your girls, you look super :) Kesie and Abby did a great job helping you pick out clothes. Love the sweaters. The bright blue sweater you wore while visiting the cousings is my favorite. Thinking of you!