Tuesday, December 8, 2009

My Snowman

Have you ever fallen in love at first sight? I did in 1984 when Larry's Mom painted this cute little snowman. Each Holiday season they set him out and each year I am more crazy in love with him. Years ago, she wrote my name on the bottom and showed it to me and smiled. Yesterday at Pebbles, Betty & Joe stopped by and she brought me the little snowman safely covered in bubble wrap for me to take home and love, which I promptly did. I burst into tears and hugged her tightly. I look at him sitting on the widow ledge by the kitchen sick and I smile... Why do I love my shy snowman so much? I don't really know... but isn't love that way? Betty painted him and it reminds me of her.
-Brenda

3 comments:

Bigelows said...

I wouldn't mind having my name on it now! ;)

The Ashtons said...

That is very sweet and the snowman is charming! I'd love him too.

Becky said...

Your little snowman comes with many cherished memories. I know you were very touched as it's always been the small things that bring you happiness...like this little snowman made by the hands of Betty. She loves you very much.