Saturday, August 8, 2009

Camp Shalom

After much thought, I could see I needed to stay home for most of girl's camp this year. Life isn't always about doing what you want to do. It's one of the busiest weeks of the year for Pebbles and with both Ashlee and I in Young Women's, it just didn't work out. But, they were in good hands with Ash. I went up Tuesday morning to help set up the kitchen area and then went up Friday to Saturday. As usual, we had a wonderful time together and new relationships were created and older ones strengthened. Most of all, the girls got a chance to realize who they were and more importantly who they can become as they stay close to the Lord. Friday night we all bore our testimonies around the camp fire and it was a perfect time. I am so glad I was able to go up. I did ask Abby about staying up late and talking. She just looked at me and said,'Mom, night time is for sleeping and that is it!' Thats our Abs! When she is ready for bed, nothing can stop her.

Since coming home, the girls have been dropping by with their camera cards and so far we have 2,000+ photos and counting. I have delegated the slide show to them and believe they will do a great job :)
-Brenda

3 comments:

Chocolates for Breakfast said...

looks like fun! for not going you were up there quite a bit and the slide show part is a big deal too...hope you got everything done at Pebbles too! love ya!

The Ashtons said...

Those pictures bring back some memories!

Becky said...

Great pictures. Brings back the times of when we went, locking you in the outhouse:) Looks like wonderful memories were made for these girls and their relationship with the Lord deepened.