Sunday, May 31, 2009

Sunday SPUD

We have been playing spud since the girls were little. It's part of their childhood just like Cabbage Patch Dolls, sidewalk chalk art and playing restaurant. Everyone picks a number and the ball is thrown in the air. If your number is called, you run to grab the ball and yell 'Spud'. (Note: if you catch the ball without letting it touch the ground, you can re-toss it in the air, calling out another number). Everyone freezes and you try to hit one of them with the ball. They can only move one leg when you throw the ball at them. Each hit you get a letter until you become a SPUD and then you are out. Tonight Ashlee was the winner and I was the loser... I have to wash her car. Katie was sure to remind me that I couldn't delegate it to Dad... 'you have to wash it yourself, Mom!'
-Brenda

1 comment:

Becky said...

I love playing SPUD too. Your grass looks like green velvet. Sorry you lost Brenda. Why don't you take the car through an automatic washer? :)