Saturday, May 9, 2009

My Mother's Day Gift

For my Mother's Day, the kids all came over and we turned up the music and worked in the backyard, getting it ready for summer. We got it done so quickly... in between dancing, water fights and visiting. The weather could not have been more perfect!

When we first started, I was explaining to Abby what to do and she looked at me with a blank face and said, 'Slow down. I don't understand your gardening language.' We celebrated with grilled hamburgers and ate outside, but realized when Katie told us she was turning purple that it was getting pretty cool. We moved indoors and watched 4 episodes of 24... 4 to go and we will be caught up. Thanks kids! It was one of the best gifts you could possibly give me (and your Dad!)
-Brenda

1 comment:

Becky said...

Happy Mother's Day to you. We all went to church this morning,came home and had steak, cheesy potatoes, green salad, jello salad and garlic bread. The men did the dishes..and I taught Randy how to cut a loaf of bread! We are all resting now. What a great gift your family gave you. Love you all.