Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve at home was nice. Larry's parents, Joe & Betty came over for dinner. If I had to be totally honest, I was in a bit of a funk for most of the night, but managed to work myself out of it towards the end. It's easy to focus on the sad things in my life and not appreciate all the blessings the Lord has showered me with.

Then we just hung around until Lindsey got off work and Ashlee & Paul got back from visiting his Mom. I felt grateful everyone was home. We got our Christmas books and pjs... even Josh got a pair of flannels to match Larry :) Our family is growing. This is the first year that Ash & Paul and Katie, Ransom & Conrad got their own Christmas pj's for themselves. They are after all their own little family and sometimes I forget that. I had made a slide show of 2007 family / friend memories with our favorite 2007 music and we watched that. The kids loved it! Time goes by so quickly, but when you gather the pictures together of one year, it's surprising how many memories there are. For us, we just like to be together. Family love is everything. It's makes us want to create good times and helps us get through the hard times. We are so blessed to be family. I hope to continue this tradition each year and work my way back through the years too.
-Brenda

Click here for photos

1 comment:

Becky said...

Love the picture of my girls! Gosh you girls are so beautiful. You are so blessed with family and you're right Brenda, family will be there through good times and diffucult ones. Sounds like you've started another tradition with your slide show...memories with tears and laughter! XXOO