Tuesday, November 18, 2008

My Aha Moment = Project Completed

I am the first to admit I have a problem with projects. Usually I finish one, then add two... or heck! sometimes three. Ugh! That's been my pattern for most of my life. I am sure that somehow my self- esteem is tied to my accomplishments, but we can save that deep subject for another day. Lately, I am feeling different about how I want to spend my time which afterall, makes up my life... I keep thinking over & over in my head, is this how I want to spend my time? We have to pick and choose how we spend our time and I am thinking I would rather do family history or go fishing.
In our family room we have a jukebox that used to belong to my Dad, along with a gazillion 78albums. When we would visit, our girls would put dimes in and dance to the way oldie music. Fun times, not a family heirloom however.
Today, the records have a layer of 13 year old dust. My intentions were good, but no time. As I started to tackle the project of listening to records to see which ones to put in the jukebox, I felt so overwhelmed. That's when I had my aha moment. I DON'T HAVE TO KEEP THEM. It's not that I don't love them, but I would be ok without them, which would allow someone else to enjoy them. So I realize that it is okay to sell them and move on. Project done and I am a bit happier and feel a little more empowered :)
-Brenda

1 comment:

Julie Wilding said...

hello!

i know this has absolutely nothing to do with your post, but i am just responding on bodyworlds. my (billions of) takes and advice:


1. if anyone in the family is has a really sensitive gross-out factor, they should probably skip out and do something else while everyone's inside. there's a couple things, like a room full of ..babies in display cases..(real ones) that kind of got to me.

2. the tickets can be bought online, and that's what i did, which seemed much easier than waiting in line when i got there that night.

3. when you buy tickets online, you can also pre-purchase those little microphone thingies. you know, where different displays have different numbers on them, and you carry the thingie around with you and press the numbers into it to hear narration? that's fun, too, if you want to pay the extra $4. lots of cool stuff to be heard.

4. you have to do valet parking or park far away and walk.

5. eat before you go, and be RESTED--my date and i didn't see a bench to sit on until about an hour into the exhibit. it's a long one. also, everyone make a potty trip beforehand, because there are no bathrooms inside the exhibit. haha.

6. it was so so so so SO interesting, and way worth the money, because there was so much to look at. i felt like the price of 3 movie tickets was worth spending a couple hours in the exhibit.

7. i'm done blabbering now. :)